What is the Spartan Fund?
A fund established by an anonymous donor to help students in grades K-6 succeed. Currently there is $10,000 in the Spartan Fund.
What does it cover?
- School supplies
- School field trips
- School Lunches
- Fees for after-school activities or other extracurricular activities provided by WASD or any outside service provider, including, but not limited to:
- Science Explorers
- Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts of America
- Music or art enrichment classes
- Sports clubs (Little League baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, soccer, etc.)
How does a student apply?
There is NO formal application. If a teacher or staff member sees a need that a student has, he/she simply needs to call or email the WAEF Executive Director and communicate this need and any suggestions on how to address it. The Executive Director will work with the donor to address the need.
Molly McCullough Murrill
WAEF Executive Director
610-374-0739 ext. 1171
- Summer Playground Programs at Wyomissing Borough and West Reading Borough
- Summer STEAM administered by the Wyomissing Area School District
- Summer pool membership or passes at the Wyomissing Borough Pool, Wyomissing Hills
- Any need that a student has but does not have the financial resources to meet.