oUR HISTORY

In 1994, Wyomissing resident and school board member, Ruthi Walker, attended a conference and learned about education foundations and how they could benefit public schools. Inspired, she returned to Wyomissing and formed a steering committee to talk about creating an education foundation in the community she loved.

 

WAEF was formed in February 1995 as a non-profit organization. The founding trustees were Nancy Hemmerich, Barbara Homsher, Barbara Kline, Jeraldine Kozloff, Edward J. Kuhn Jr., Stephen Murray, John Rothenberger, Charles Sullivan, Charles Walker, Ruthi Walker, and J. William Widing III. Jeri Kozloff volunteered as the first Executive Director of the organization in 1997 and served in that role until 2000. Please take a look at the history of WAEF in the timeline below!

© 2020 WAEF Created with Wix.com

Call us:

610-374-0739 x 1171

Find us: 

630 Evans Avenue, Wyomissing PA 19610

Wyomissing Area Education Foundation (WAEF) is a registered non-profit organization (EIN 23-2826088).